Tuesday 29 June 2021

P4: Filming Diary + Logging Rushes

 P4:

Locations: 

The locations I used for the music video include a conventional street within the town of Ilkley, this includes mine en scene of vehicles and other houses, as well as this I used locations such as a graveyard, a home setting, kitchen, living room, front door and bathroom. These all being locations I used throughout the music video.


Camera Settings: 

The camera settings I used were 24fps, with the shutter speed being 1/48 (rounded up on the DSLR to 1/50), as I used a DSR Camera these are the average settings for this camera type. I made sure the white balance was at a limited range and was between 3000/4000 K and 7000 K. To add to this, the setting of many of the scenes were at night time so I filmed the sevens at day so I could then later edit the scenes to be at a darker value as if it were night time. 


Job Roles:

As I worked on my own during this production I was given all production roles, this being the story-boarder, director, editor, cinematographer, lighting man and actress. All creative roles were done by myself to complete the production of the music video. 


Pictures from Location: 

Although the filming was completed and there is evidence of footage, no photo's were taken at the time when in the process of filming. However, the footage I have exemplified throughout I feel helps justify my work.


Safety Considerations: 

I have detailed in other components of my work that I have taken extensive safety precautions to avoid accidents, this being completing tasks such as taping down wires when filming, not filming when its wet to avoid inhere and not filming in dangerous places, etc. These all being aspect oft he music video that I ensured took place to make sure the filming process was safe.



Logging Rushes


Table of all footage: 


This is a table of all footage used throughout filming, this showcases all footage that either was used or not used for the music video.

Description of footage:

The footage I used again were all placed either at the graveyard, home setting or in the street; all of this footage being filmed in a safe place. The footage I feel is a high standard and follows rules she as the use of thirds and typical character angels sued int he industry. 


Evaluation:

I feel the footage I used was valuable and well done, each part of the narrative was shown clearly within each piece of footage like I had planned out in my storyboard and script. However, there was some mistakes at times when the camera was wobbly or out of focus, despite this I produced work that reflected my hard working attitude and showcased footage that was clear, professional and cinematic. 


Unusable shots:




Above is all footage that was unusable due to either a shaky camera, bad lighting, over exposure, result of bad acting, etc. These were then stored in this folder to show as evidence later in the course.





No comments:

Post a Comment

P3: Call Sheet

Above is the call sheet used for actors/actresses, director, producer, cast and crew within the production to use when they are needed on s...